Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin TeachersPayTeachers Email Home Products Coffee Break Free Stuff Activities Image Map



Tuesday 18 August 2015

My Best Friend Has Fur

It's been a long journey of ups and downs, over 7 years here in China, but a little like when sportsmen say "I just knew it was time to go", I'm going to retire my chopsticks and return to Australia.
I'll be taking my little furry adopted daughter (my dog) Moli and heading back to the beautiful country that I love. That in itself is not an easy task. Australian Quarantine has recently made things a little easier than the previous rigmarole, but it is still a long (7 month) and expensive ($10,000 AU) process, which we got underway with last month.

I consider myself unbelievably blessed to have all through my childhood and adult life (except my first two years in China) always have had a dog. I've had many furry best friends who have sat and listened to my worries, dragged me out the door for exercise, welcomed me after a hard day, snuggled up when I needed company and given a lovely sloppy kiss just to say "Hey it's all OK...you've got me". To celebrate them all and help fund  Moli's journey back home, I came up with a dog breeds and facts related PowerPoint game and worksheet bundle.

My Best Friend Has Fur

I always endeavor to make every game and activity I create fun and interesting but I have to say this little game is very special to me. There are many amazing things about China but the treatment of dogs is not one of them. Raising and then sustaining my little girls health for 5 years has been difficult and now...I just want to take her home.

This PowerPoint Game will test student's knowledge with dog facts and trivia (in a multiple choice format) and also give them a chance to see how many different breeds they can correctly identify whilst their chosen dogs run back home for a yummy dinner with each correct answer the students give.

The worksheets include
*color-able cover page
* dog breeds word search
* match the description to the breed activity and
* two writing prompts "If you were a dog... what type of dog would you be?" and "About My Dog".

AND don't forget there is also an editable template for the game that is also included (just in case you wish to use the game with your own questions inserted for any topic that you wish).

Of course funds from all my products are helping us get home, so any purchase is appreciated more than you can probably ever know.

My Best Friend Has Fur...How about you? Click on any of the above pictures to purchase this bundle.

Please have a quick look at the short demo video just down below to see the game in action.

A huge thank you for your time from myself and Moli xx

No comments:

Post a Comment